For 2019 we have focused on the smallest details in order to improve an already podium proven chassis. Making the decision to commit to a dedicated 1x drivetrain configuration across all models, this enabled our engineers to utilize the space required for a front derailleur to increase the main pivot bearing placement ensuring that maximum stiffness is achieved. This additional stiffness prevents torsional flex under pedaling and helps the chassis track through high speed, rough terrain without compromise.
With stiffness in mind, we took the time to incorporate the very latest Boost 148 rear axle spacing allowing us to spec much stiffer and stronger wheels both front and rear. All 2019 Nukeproof Mega models will come with new wider spaced Boost wheels and forks enabling the rider to feel even more confident on the increased capability of the bike.
Updated Race Geometry:
With the demands of Enduro World Series racers progressing at a rapid rate, we looked again at our geometry and saw an opportunity to tailor the frames to suit not only the fastest racers, but the growing tribe of riders that utilize our bikes every weekend whether that be shuttling runs at their favourite bike park, or heading off for an all day epic in the local hills.
Slightly taller head tube lengths help tailor the cockpit feel to increase rider confidence, and a lengthened top tube on Large and X-Large frames should help even the tallest of riders feel at home on the new Mega.
Metric Shock Sizing:
The product development team work extremely closely with our suspension partners and spent endless hours working on the perfect shock configuration for the new Mega. The perfect partnership between rear shock technology and frame kinematics has always been in the very root of our thought process when developing bikes and the new Mega with its brand new ’metric’ shock standard is no different. Designed to work perfectly with both Air and Coil sprung rear shocks, we have addressed some of the areas that we felt could be improved on over the previous design such as hardware improvements and higher spec shocks across the board.
The new Mega utilizes the brand new Rockshox Super Deluxe rear shock and hardware now comprises of a wider spaced 25mmx8mm front mount, with a rocker link mounted bearing system to improve shock sensitivity and reduce the amount of wear through heavy usage. This combination adds even more stiffness to the chassis through these more secure fixtures and the ‘Metric’ rear shock system with increased bushing overlap.
High in Fibre: (Applies to Mega RS, Factory and Mega 275 Carbon Frame Set)
Leaning on our experience from the development of our award winning Warhead Carbon handlebar range, we have spent 4 years in the development of the brand new Carbon Mega 275. Utilizing a blend of the highest quality carbon fibre composites, the Mega 275 Carbon has been hand crafted with 1 goal in mind… Winning!
Not only is the chassis now significantly lighter than its aluminium counterpart, the strength and reliability of the frame has been vastly improved enabling every rider to push harder, faster and with more confidence than ever before.
Tested on the toughest of terrain and in the most varied conditions by Enduro World Series Winner Sam Hill, the 2019 Mega sets out to tackle every ride with its trademark attitude.
The new Mega has evolved into the perfect All Mountain and Enduro race bike!
- Ultra Strong Monocoque Carbon Fibre chassis. (Carbon Frames)
- Internal Cable Routing with removable window insert for easy installation. (Carbon Frames)
- Custom Triple Butted Hydroformed tube set. (Alloy Frames)
- Custom Tuned rear shock configuration
- Threaded Bottom Bracket
- Internal Dropper Seatpost Cable Routing
- Boost 148mm Rear axle Spacing
- 3D Contoured Frame Protection
- Frame: Nukeproof Mega 275 Alloy, custom triple butted hydro-formed tube set, custom tuned rear shock configuration, internal dropper seatpost cable routing, threaded bottom bracket, boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured frame protection
- Fork: RockShox Yari Chargr RC 170mm, 46mm Offset, Debonair, Diffusion Black
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe R ML1, 230x65mm (Comes with 2x bottomless tokens fitted so you have them if needed.)
- Front Wheel: Nukeproof Neutron 27.5″, 15x110mm
- Rear Wheel: Nukeproof Neutron 27.5″, Shimano, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Michelin Wild Enduro 27.5″ x 2.4, Gum -X TS TLR
- Crankset: SRAM NX Eagle 12-Speed, 170mm, 32T, B148, DUB
- Drivetrain: SRAM NX Eagle 12-Speed
- Chain Guide: MRP 1x CS, 28-34T, ISCG-05, black
- Brakes: SRAM Guide T
- Front Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 200mm
- Rear Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 180mm
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Neutron 800mm, 25mm
- Stem: Nukeproof Neutron AM, 45mm, black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Horizon SL, Black
- Seatpost: Brand X Ascend internal, S:120mm drop; M/L/XL:150mm drop
- Headset: Nukeproof Warhead, 44-56 IITS
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
|Custom Triple Butted Hydroformed tube set. (Alloy Frames)|
|Custom Tuned rear shock configuration|
|Threaded Bottom Bracket|
|Internal Dropper Seatpost Cable Routing|
|Boost 148mm Rear axle Spacing|
|3D Contoured Frame Protection|
|Effective Top Tube||559.97mm||584.97mm||622.29mm||668.44mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||75.5||75.5||75.5||75.5|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||-10.1mm||-10.1mm||-10.1mm||-10.1mm|